What you need to know and do to ensure compliance with California’s new Consumer Privacy Act
New regulations governing the use of customer and personal data needn’t be burdensome. Rather, they help reduce expenses and monetize the information lifecycle, identify opportunities for better governance to avoid fines and litigation exposure and foster trust to enhance customer experiences. Download this FREE CCPA CHECKLIST to see how you can get your company on the path to compliance.
Take charge of your information governance challenges by contacting us today for a free consultation about your obligations under privacy regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The CCPA grants consumers four basic rights:
- The right to know what personal information a business has collected about them, where it was sourced from, what it is being used for, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold
- The right to “opt-out” of allowing a business to sell their personal information to third parties
- The right to deletion of their personal information
- The right to receive equal service and pricing from a business, even if they exercise their privacy rights under the Act
However, directives on how you may use your customer’s data or any other information you store don’t necessarily have to be burdensome. In fact, CAPP believes these new guardrails present numerous opportunities to implement better governance, monetize the lifecycle of information assets and foster trustworthy relationships that can actually enhance the customer experience.
Our CCPA and GDPR engagements include:
- Data and resource mapping
- Conducting gap and risk assessments
- Controls evaluation of standards
- Establishing governance with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Policies and procedures review
- Domestic and International legal review of privacy and security policies to fit the organization’s risk profile and culture
- Consumer data request and delivery mechanism (including website notices)
- Providing education and training
Our consulting and software solutions enable clients to comply with CCPA provisions 1798.110(a)(4), 1798.100, 1798.105, 1798.110, 1798.120, 1798.145, 1798.140, 1798.150