Leveraging Information Governance Principles in Microsoft Office 365
Most large organizations today operate under strict regulatory conditions. Complying with those rules can be tricky but failure to do could involve sanctions and penalties. That’s why managing compliance is imperative. Microsoft offers Compliance Manager to help manage and navigate the complex terrain of regulations. Compliance and Privacy Partners can help you use the Compliance Manager to apply applicable regulations and standards within your office environment. Let us help you configure MS Compliance Manager to support your initiatives around:
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Health Information Portability and Privacy Act (HIPAA)
- International Organization for Standardization (e.g., ISO 27001 and ISO 27018)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
What are the Compliance Manager’s built-in features?
Compliance Manager features various tools to help your organization comply with regulations and standards pertinent to data protection and security. Here are three specific capabilities featured:
- Assessment. The tool allows you to assess compliance from one place. Risk assessments are conducted on an ongoing basis.
- Protection. Users can protect data across all devices, applications, and cloud services by using encryption, controlling access, and implementing information governance.
- Response. Users can respond to regulatory requests through the incorporation of eDiscovery and auditing tools that allow you to locate relevant data for meaningful responses.
Through these features, the Compliance Manager works to help you stay in and proactively manage compliance.
How does Compliance Manager Work?
Compliance Manager works by utilizing a single dashboard to see compliance stature. The dashboard provides summaries of your company’s assessments and action items. From those summaries, you can access controls and tools like exporting data to Excel.
You create assessments for the regulations and/or standards that matter to your company using Office 365, Azure, or Dynamic 365.
From these assessments, you receive actionable insights and detailed information about what Microsoft does to secure your data and help you comply with regulations.